In 1945 we became the third church of the Religious Science movement to become ordained and receive our Charter from Dr. Ernest Holmes. Upon doing so, the church name was changed to Los Angeles Third Church of Religious Science.
Dr. Twyne made his transition in 1946 and the Church leadership role was accepted by Dr. Charles Palmer. At the Institute of Religious Science, Dr. Palmer was one of the first editors of the Creative Thought Magazine and was instrumental in the development of the Sunday school curriculum in the Institute of Philosophy and Religious Science. He always encouraged members to increase their knowledge of Religious Science principles by enrolling in the classes offered by the Institute, and by reading as many Religious Science articles and books as possible.
Succeeding Dr. Palmer, beginning in 1962, were a number of dedicated ministers and practitioners which included Reverend Carl Wright, Reverend Timothy Armstrong, and Reverend Lee Domez.
In March of 1986, Dr. Ronnie Jones accepted the position of senior minister. Dr. Ronnie worked diligently to bring growth, awareness and love to Los Angeles Third Church. As a full-time business owner, Dr. Ronnie took the time to lead our church and teach ministry classes. During the next 26 years under Dr. Jones leadership Los Angeles Third Church purchased a new space in Leimert Park, CA., where attendance continues to grow. As Dr. Ronnie prepared for retirement in June of 2011 (25 years of service), he made sure he put the church in good hands by preparing several ministerial students to continue the growth and legacy of Los Angeles Third Church.
Today, with the leadership of our present Reverend Lisa Meggs, and the commitment and love of our membership family, we continue to grow in quality and quantity with deeper roots into the soil of God’s firmament of love. We are here to share that love and let our light shine.